December 19, 2008

A Best of 2008 list

2008 was a pretty good year for music overall. I wish I'd dived a bit deeper into new stuff, but I have a good feeling about next year.

Favorite albums

Lindstrom - Where I Go You Go Too (absurdly good)
Deerhunter - Microcastle
Kassin + 2 - Futurismo (don't sleep on this one)
Ladytron - Velocifero
Eddy Current Suppression Ring - Primary Colours (would have written a huge fawning post about this band, they are the best-sounding punk rock band of the year)
Vivian Girls - s/t
Aphex Twin - Coachella 2008 set
Don Cavalli - Cryland
Beach House - Devotion
British Sea Power - Do You Like Rock Music?

Biggest disappointment

Brightblack Morning Light - Motion to Rejoin (I'm worried that BBML might have caught lightning in a bottle in 2006 and huffed too many fumes afterwards)

Reason for hope in 2009

The Skygreen Leopards - Gorgeous Johnny

Most entertaining sports clip

Manny Ramirez

2 comments:

rickdog said...

You have a great music blog here! I've added you to my mp3blog list and custom search, check it out.

Rickdog's collected 7,000 mp3blog links, accessible from the alpha menu at page top. You can open frames on these blogs to view them directly on my site, and you can also view the feeds in a frame.

The newest mp3blogs
http://chewbone.blogspot.com/2008/01/alphanew.html

You can search your blog and all the others in my custom google search:

Chewbone MP3blog search
http://chewbone.blogspot.com/2008/03/mp3-blog-search-results.html

I add new blogs to the alpha lists once a week, but your site is immediately added to the custom google search engine.

Matt said...

that manny clip is incredible.