November 5, 2008

Lost summer [Gangi]


sneaky goat


Allow me to be sentimental for a minute. I first heard Gangi driving across the Bay Bridge, heading back to San Francisco after an afternoon of baseball, sun and beer. I was sort of cramped and stuffy back there, and it was a little strange to have a tape adapter hooked up to someone's Macbook, but somehow this music fit perfectly with that.

I would say these are like tossed-off, airy psych jams. The vocals are very pleasant, and the fairly lo-fi production values work well. If you're looking for some guitar-based music to score a lazy afternoon, this is the ticket.

There was a point in time where I thought I wanted to be a music critic, and in some ways this blog was a good way to see if I would actually enjoy that. But no, I don't find it particularly great to write about music. THESE SONGS ARE CATCHY. Gangi r gud!!


Gangi - Commonplace Feathers [A, 2008]
Gangi - Waiting On The Line [A, 2008]

No comments: